Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I think I'm gonna boo...

Earlier this evening: I'm walking down First Avenue. As I approach a certain restaurant (Marco's Supperclub, for you locals), I see what appears to be a chunky yellow substance all over the sidewalk, from the front door almost to the curb.

My first (and most disgusting) thought is, "Ew, someone got sick and projectile vomited...I hope someone cleans that up soon." But just as I contemplate jaywalking to the vomit-free side of the street, someone walks out of the restaurant and off into the night, without hopping over the sea of yellow or even holding his nose. Hmmm....

Then I get close enough to see that it's not a replay of a scene from a "South Park" episode...it's a vertiable carpet of rose petals. Mostly yellow, with a touch of red. Still, I step over them, puzzled. Wasn't yesterday Valentine's Day? Most curious, indeed.

No comments: