Thursday, April 14, 2005

Safety zone

According to my usual online news outlet, "more than 10,000 fugitives, many wanted for violent crimes, were rounded up over the past week in a coordinated nationwide effort led by U.S. marshals."

Let's see, 10,000 divided by 50 states...that's 200 potentially violent fugitives per state. It's not unlikely that at least a hearty handful of those were hiding out in semi-sunny Seattle, so, gosh, I feel safer already. Thanks, Operation Falcon!

The only thing that would make me feel safer would be to have the power to turn back time and do something (anything!) to make it not true that Britney S. and her pimp-wannabe husband are with child. I'm still quaking with horror from yesterday's news. I mean, the woman (and I use the term loosely) buys chandeliers for her dogs and can't consistently get herself dressed in the morning. I'm sorry to invoke this photo as proof again, but I feel I must. To add more fuel to my flame, I send you here. (Yes, I know it's a spoof site, but come on, admit it, it kind of rings true. Yeah, you know it.)

No comments: