Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hitting my stride

Yesterday began Week 2 of my new workout agenda, and while I still feel a bit of next-day soreness, I am spared the mind-numbing ab pain of Week 1.

This is a "BAB" week, with the "B" workouts on Monday and Wednesday. Here's an overview:
  • Deadlift (2 sets of 15 reps)
  • Superset: Shoulder press (2 sets of 15) and assisted pull-ups (2 sets of 15)
  • Superset: Lunges (2 sets of 15 on each leg) and stability ball crunches (2 sets of 8...although I do more)
What was supposed to be one cheat meal last week turned into a smattering of cheat meals and snacks from Thursday evening through the weekend. I kind of rolled with it, since I was grieving, but I'm firmly back on track now.

Monday's workouts:
Lunchtime: 2-mile walk
After work: NROWLFW Stage 1, Workout B, with a nice little punching bag warmup

Monday's food overview:
2062 calories (21% protein, 42% carbs, 31% fat, 6% alcohol)

No comments: