Saturday, March 21, 2009

Guilty pleasures

I came home from Buenos Aires last month with several things, including two leather jackets, an appreciation for international travel (yet a loathing for 12-hour flights) and an addiction to "Gossip Girl."

I had the opportunity to catch two episodes on our Air Canada flights and completely agree with the assessment that it is "Sex and the City" meets "Cruel Intentions." Having attended high school in Eugene, Oregon, I of course can not relate at all to life at a richie-rich boarding school in Manhattan, but then I suppose I can't exactly relate to life as a worker in a paper company ("The Office"), as a plane crash survivor on a really weird island ("Lost") or a corseted English lass living in a huge, drafty house (take your pick of "Masterpiece Classic" airings).

So I Tivo "GG" each Monday, delaying my gratification until Thursday, when I enjoy the drama and hijinks while I fold several loads of laundry. Divine!

Thursday, March 19
Morning workout: "Beautiful Technique" DVD (practice flow + choreography)
Breakfast: 2 espressos (1 with 1% milk); 6 oz. plain NF yogurt + 58 g. Kashi GoLean Crunch; 16 oz. water.
Snack: Apple + 10 almonds; 16 oz. water.
Noon workout: 4-mile speed walk.
Lunch: Mixed green salad w/ olive oil + vinegar, 3.5 oz. yellow pepper, 3 oz. cucumber, 4 oz. turkey and 1 oz. walnuts; green tea; 16 oz. water.
Snack: Handful of pea pods; Mini Babybel; 16 oz water.
Dinner: Mixed green salad w/ olive oil + vinegar and 1 oz. blue cheese; 3 oz. meatloaf; 1 c. mashed potatoes; 6 oz. red wine.
Snack: espresso; 16 oz. water.

No comments: