Friday, March 27, 2009

Ms. Motivation

My company will be starting a 12-week "corporate fitness challenge" next month, which I was quite excited about when it was first announced a few weeks ago. One of the categories is "most steps walked" and another is "most exercise minutes logged."

Come to mama...that prize is MINE!

Fast forward to Thursday morning, when we all find out there is no prize, other than the satisfaction of meeting goals...oh, and recognition on the company intranet site.

Color me underwhelmed.

But wait, there's a new twist!

I am captain of my own team, made up of my department (five including me), and three free agents that I swiftly bagged (including one who was quite in demand). Two have a proven track record of exercise (even though they will be of no help in the weight loss portion of the competition...they're pretty darn lean), the third is motivated by his dismay that working at home and having two young children has contributed to a number of excess pounds.

Everybody on my team (except for one) seem truly ready to make changes. And I'm just the person to motivate them...because I've traveled that road before, yes I have.

All I have to say is, "Bring it ON!"

Thursday, March 26
Morning workout: "Baladi" DVD (taqsim & sekkat drills)
Breakfast: Cafe au lait (1% milk); 6 oz. plain NF yogurt + 55 g. Kashi GoLean Crunch; 16 oz. fruit smoothie; cafe Americano; 16 oz. water.
Snack: Apple + 10 almonds; 16 oz water.
Noon workout: 3.25-mile speed walk (with some hills) + .75 miles running (flat).
Lunch: Mixed green salad with oil & vinegar, 4 oz. turkey, 3 oz. yellow pepper, 3 oz. cucumber, 1/4 avocado, 1 oz. walnuts; 4 oz. 2% cottage cheese; 16 oz. water; caramel frappucino (bottled).
Snack: Orange; 4 oz. 2% cottage cheese; 1 tbs peanuts; 16 oz. water.
Post-work workout: "Rhythm Workout" DVD (45 min.)
Dinner: 1 c. risotto (made with short-grain brown rice) w/ 1 oz. parmesean; 1/2 leftover chicken thigh with apricot sauce; mixed green salad with oil & vinegar; 12 oz. mineral water; 4 oz. red wine.
Snack: Cafe Americano + 3 dried dates.

No comments: