Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring, wherefore art thou?

Seriously. The spring equinox is two or three days away (need to consult a calendar), and the weather here is still deeply chilly. I am cold down to my bones...making last month's vacation in sunny hot Buenos Aires seem oh-so-far away.

I am itching to plant spring veggies, but I know from the last two years experience gardening at this house that even cool weather veg like peas and lettuces don't appreciate the cold sogginess of my late winter-early spring soil. We covered a few vegetable beds with clear plastic weekend before last, so if I get a weather reprieve this weekend I might take my chances.

Meanwhile, my tomato starts are plugging away in the basement, aided by lights and heat mats. Eggplants and peppers should sprout up to join them, soon.

Meanwhile, to do my due diligence, here's my specs from yesterday:

Tuesday, March 17
Morning workout: "Next level" (warmup and hip layering drills) and "Beautiful Technique" (flow practice) DVDs.
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (1 whole + 2 whites) in a little olive oil; one slice sprouted grain bread + 1 tbs almond butter + 2 tsp orange marmalade; 3/4 c. fresh pineapple; 2 espresso shots (one with 1% milk); 12 oz. water.
Snack: Apple; 10 almonds; 16 oz. water.
Noon workout: 3.25 miles speed walking (with some hills) + .75 miles jogging (no hills...I'm not a masochist).
Lunch: Exact same salad as yesterday; orange; 8 oz. coffee; 16 oz. water.
Post-work workout: Drum DVD (basic exercises + malfouf, ayoub & masmoudi rhythm practice); "Killer Ziller" (drills section); Neon's "Rhythm Workout" (entire beginner practice flow).
Dinner: Mixed green salad w/ 4 oz turkey breast + oil & vinegar; 7 oz. 2% cottage cheese; 16 oz. water.
Evening workout: Dance performance class (more talking than dancing, unfortunately).
Snack: 4 oz. white wine; 5 bites of tiramisu; 1 almond shortbread cookie (all at class); 8 oz. water.

No comments: