Thursday, August 25, 2005

Can I have some cheese with my whine?

I worked from home today (technically I'm "off" in 12 minutes...), so I escaped the constant reminders of my bitchy, blonde, nitwitty Southern co-workers. But I still fumed and steamed intermittantly.

Unfortunately, that fuming and steaming didn't seem to give me the adrenaline boost that righteous indignation often does. So now I'm dragging big time, and I'm about to head out for five hours of baking class. Cripes!

A full night's sleep didn't help (nice thing about working from home...no need to get up early to make yourself presentable and transport yourself anywhere). Neither did a few good-sized coffee infusions. And I have to rally my internal forces enough to make three complicated cakes for my two-day practical exam.

To say I'm feeling grumpy right about now would be a tad of an understatment!

To add insult to injury, it's hot out (relatively speaking). I hate hot. I'm so ready for fall.

But tomorrow is another day, and that day is Friday (hooray), and I've got bellydance stuff (of both the butt-kicking and fun varieties) planned for the weekend.

And at least I don't have to spend this weekend moving, unlike someone I know (who had better get done in time for the fun bellydance stuff Sunday night!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got it done! And you didn't even mention the fun event we went to or the pound of lamb!