Friday, September 02, 2005

Critical mass

I've hit a wall. It's that point in the school term where weeks on end of combining a full-time job, school, dance class and home responsibilities start taking their toll.

This happened to me last term, so at least this time I was kind of prepared for it.

Too many nights of not enough sleep, too little "me" time, after a while it's hard to bounce back. I crave sleep, I crave sloth. I've been finding it harder and harder to get up and work out in the morning, even though working out generally involves a cool bellydance workout DVD.

Yesterday morning I worked from home, rolling out of bed at 7:55 a.m., enough time to answer nature's call then check my work e-mail at the start of my business day.

This morning, the alarm going off at 6:30 a.m. was not making me happy. "No, you have to get your butt out of bed and then do something to move it!" I told myself. So, fine, I stumbled into the second bedroom, fired up my iPod, scrolled to my "Bellydance" playlist (which I finally uploaded this weekend...I've had my pod since Christmas, and so far all it had on it was the complete U2 discography) and hip circled, undulated and chest locked my way into conciousness and proper blood flow.

And damn if I didn't feel better. Now if I can only make it through the next two weeks, when I'll have one week of full vacation (no work and no school) followed by another week of partial vacation (no school). For now, I'll have to make do with the holiday weekend. TGIF!

No comments: