Saturday, December 15, 2007

It was a very good year

I know it's not Thanksgiving, but 2007 has been a significant year for me. So, as it draws to a close, it seems fitting to declare my thanks for what I'll call my Top 10 Events of 2007. In rough chronological order, they are:

1. Successfully rehabilitated my broken ankle (broken 10/12/06, lots o' metal installed on 10/14/06).

2. Set up home gym in basement with free weights and benches purchased inexpensively on Craigslist. Renewed my commitment to serious weight lifting...as all women should!

3. Resumed weekly bellydance class, this time from a fantastic new (to me) teacher. I feel blessed that both of my long-term teachers (to date) have been top-notch.

4. Completely landscaped our previously boring front yard. Thanks to He Who Puts Up With Me (who I will refer to as "J." from this point forward) for doing the heavy lifting on that one. We're talking rock walls, et al.

5. Reconnected with my long-lost high school-to-college best friend at my 20th high school reunion. (Also: Discovered that high school-to-college boyfriend was not aging particularly well.)

6. Lost 47 pounds since February (when I could start going for proper walks again), and am now at a healthy size 8.

7. Took an amazing workshop from Amy Sigil of Unmata. Marveled at the complicated ways in which the human body can move.

8. Welcomed a healthy (albeit a bit premature) niece into the world.

9. Walked a half-marathon for the first time, and saw my months of dedicated training pay off with a good finish time.

10. Discovered my next avenue for fitness fun, after a chance encounter with a visiting hooper named Spiral.

No comments: