Monday, November 14, 2005

Logic

OK, I've badly abandoned my blog...again. I blame the sudden onset of winter and my extreme urge to hibernate.

But enough excuses. I'm fired up. Mere moments ago, I was reading an article online about how Scott Peterson is faring one year after his conviction. The reporter asked the San Quentin prison spokesperson if the rumors were true that Peterson would be getting remarried. The spokesperson said that the prison has had no contact from anyone "expressing an interest to actaully marry him through the process that we have for death row inmates to marry."

The instant I finished reading that sentence, it hit me. Here in the United States of America, it is acceptible for someone on DEATH ROW to get married, but (in most places and cases) it is unacceptible for gay and lesbian Americans to legally marry. What the hell? You're gay, you pay your taxes, you go about your daily life without killing anyone, yet you can't legally marry the person you love. Again, what the hell?

But Scott Peterson, who CHEATED on his wife then MURDERED her and their unborn child, dumped their bodies and then LIED about it, HE can get married again if he chooses? Just because he's a straight man who would be marrying a straight woman. Where is the logic in that. Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!

No comments: